[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin <melvin at sleepydragon dot net>
 To:  "Scott M. Day" <scottd at weldonowen dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Passive FTP Solution (Kind of) / Firefox still does not work.
 Date:  Sat, 11 Feb 2006 10:47:08 -0500
I think you'll find that "failure" is by design.  Passing this
information as part of the url would be done in plain text and therefore
allows for some security issues that were closed up about 12-18 months
ago by dropping support for that functionality IIRC. I'm a bit fuzzy on
all the details, but  I do recall the matter coming up at the office and
we had to stop pushing links to people with that type of format.