[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jarkko Santala <jarkko dot santala at portalify dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Problem with booting m0n0wall from USB drive
 Date:  Sat, 11 Feb 2006 20:52:16 +0200
Hi,

I'm going to implement a few firewalls using m0n0wall and I was
thinking I'd use just an USB drive for storing both m0n0wall and the
config.

However, after writing m0n0wall generic-pc-version into a USB drive
(tried 1.21 and 1.2) I get this:

---cut---
Disk error 0xaa (lba=0x0)
Disk error 0xaa (lba=0x0)
No /boot/loader

 >> FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
Default: 0:ad(0,a)/kernel
boot:
Disk error 0xaa (lba=0x0)
No /kernel

 >> FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
Default: 0:ad(0,a)/kernel
boot:
---cut---

So it only goes looking for the loader (and kernel) in ad0 and not in
da0 at all, which should be the USB stick. Does anyone have this
working or good ideas on a solution?

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake at portalify dot com>    http://www.portalify.com
System Administrator                   +358 40 720 4512