[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Neuman van der Hans <alex at nkpanama dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem with booting m0n0wall from USB drive
 Date:  Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:06:41 -0500
Well, you still need to do the whole "process of elimination" thing.

Try...

* Writing it elsewhere, then trying to boot your box with it
* Writing it on your box, then trying to boot it elsewhere
* Using other media
* etc. etc.

You'll eventually find out where the problem lies. My money's on the
BIOS on your box being incompatible with m0n0's boot process. How about
trying pfSense? It's based on a different kernel and a different set of
drivers, so who knows...