[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Neuman van der Hans <alex at nkpanama dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem with booting m0n0wall from USB drive
 Date:  Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:20:17 -0500
Remember, the L in DSL is for Linux. It should be /dev/sda for the disk
and /dev/sda1 for the first partition - unless it's been formatted
(syslinux style, I believe) as a BGF (big-giant-floppy); in that case
/dev/sda is the disk *and* the partition. If it's a newer kernel I think
the device will be /dev/uba instead of sda.

Lee Sharp wrote:
> From: "Jarkko Santala" <jarkko dot santala at portalify dot com>
>> On Feb 11, 2006, at 23:15 , Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:
>
>>> And, can you boot from the same device using some other image?
>
>> I just tried with DSL's (http://damnsmalllinux.org) bootfloppy-
>> usb.img and it boots just fine, so both the stick and the
>> motherboard  are fine.
>
> Under DSL, what does it show up as?  ad0? da0?  Something else?
>
>                        Lee

Alex Neuman van der Hans
N&K Technology Consultants
Tel. +507 214-9002 - http://nkpanama.com/