[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 2 Questions
 Date:  Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:21:11 -0600
From: "Nick Carstensen" <nagios dot nick at gmail dot com>

> Not for sure if these have been answered before but I can not
> find them in the list.

> Are there any plans for the following:

> 1.) NTP Server  -  Such as openntpd

> 2.) Local DNS and not just a forwarder.

There is a big push in m0n0wall to keep it lean.  Or "Don't put stuff on a
firewall that doesn't NEED to be on a firewall."  This is for both
performance and security reasons.  However, that does not stop you from
patching m0n0wall to what you want.  If you then offer it out, and a lot of
people want it, it could make it's way into the distribution.  The trick is
to add something secure and light weight, but handy to many people.

                        Lee