[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alberto (Warfox) De Boni" <warfox at neobe dot it>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Connect to DMZ from LAN through WAN
 Date:  Fri, 10 Feb 2006 08:43:29 +0100
Hi, i'm playing around with Monowall installed on a PC with 3 nic's.
I've searched on the archive for an answer to my question, but didn't
find anything, so i apologize if the question was already post.
Monowall was installed to substitute a Sonicwall, we've go a LAN with
address 192.168.168.x, a Wan static address and a DMZ bridged with the
WAN 'cause the three server in it has their own public IP.

Monowall is not used as a DHCP, there's an internal LAN Win2k server for
this scope.

The problem is that there's no way to access from the LAN the public Ip
address of DMZ server. Even if i open all on all Interfaces, monowall
will stop the traffic coming back from DMZ to the LAN. Have i miss
something, or is like NAT and there's no way to access a DMZ service
from the LAN?

Thanks in advance,
    Alberto De Boni