[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bridge all 3 ports (lan+wan+opt1) possible?
 Date:  Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:17:21 -0500
On 2/12/06, P C <pconover at ipro dot net> wrote:
> Is it possible to Bridge (passing MAC and all ethernet traffic so no need to route IPs) on all
three ports (lan+wan+opt1) transparently?
> I've successfully used the tips on this listserv to Bridge between OPT1 and WAN _OR_ LAN, but not
all three at once.

You can't bridge LAN to anything else.  You might be able to bridge
multiple OPT interfaces to LAN, but I'm not 100% sure on that either.

> And, if bridging all three is possible, will m0n0wall behave more like an ethernet Switch (pass
MAC traffic to destination only) or Hub (pass traffic everywhere)?

There is no L2 filtering, so in that sense it's like a hub.  You can
firewall on bridged interfaces though, so it's not exactly like a hub.