[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Bryan Catlin <bryancatlin at digital dash domains dot us>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Mono as Just an AP
 Date:  Mon, 13 Feb 2006 20:07:37 -0500
Hello All,

I am looking for an OS for an Access Point only.

I am considering the
WRAP 2c board and monowall as the OS but don't need all the features
as I use monowall as the whole network router/firewall also. So I
would have one monowall as the router and then several behind it as
just APs doing nothing special but operating the wireless card.

I guess what I'm looking for is validation that this is a good working
solution, or is there a better free OS that is better suited for this
with possibly different hardware? NO WEP or any other kind of security
it is all open until the captive portal.

Best regards,