[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bryan Catlin <bryancatlin at digital dash domains dot us>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Mono as Just an AP
 Date:  Mon, 13 Feb 2006 20:07:37 -0500
Hello All,

I am looking for an OS for an Access Point only.

I am considering the
WRAP 2c board and monowall as the OS but don't need all the features
as I use monowall as the whole network router/firewall also. So I
would have one monowall as the router and then several behind it as
just APs doing nothing special but operating the wireless card.

I guess what I'm looking for is validation that this is a good working
solution, or is there a better free OS that is better suited for this
with possibly different hardware? NO WEP or any other kind of security
it is all open until the captive portal.

--
Best regards,
 Bryan