[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kristian Shaw" <monowall at wealdclose dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem with Remote Desktop
 Date:  Tue, 14 Feb 2006 20:17:52 -0000
Hello,

I once regularly got > 80mbs between subnets on a machine with 6 network
cards in it. Amazingly, it was only a PIII 500. Admittedly, this was not on
all the interfaces at the same time (although they were all busy) and the
network cards were Intel Pro/100s. Anyway, I expect that your 1.2 GHz
machine will be fine for the sort of traffic you mentioned unless you happen
to have an amazingly fast connection to the Internet.

Regards,

Kris.