[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Lauda <plauda at rx30 dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Dual Access issues
 Date:  15 Feb 2006 09:21:00 -0500
Hi folks,

We've been using a monowall box to serve a corporate network for
Internet access and assorted activities for quite a while. I now need to
put a new firewall in place for a second Internet connection.

So my questions are the following:

Is/Are there any known issues with using a single monowall firewall box
to filter traffic from two separate IP networks from two separate
providers?

Am I going to suffer and serious (I can live with a little) performance
loss by having the box, with 4 NIC's, handle all that traffic?

The box is a 2.4g w/4gb of ram and 4 100mb nics. Can I go with one box
for both IP nets or is a better idea to get a second box for the second
connection?

Any advice or heads up are very welcome and time is critical.

Cheers! Thanks in advance for any useful input.

--peter