[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Port Forward By Hostname
 Date:  Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:14:01 -0500
On 2/15/06, Ryan Wagoner <Ryan at wgnrs dot dynu dot com> wrote:
> This would be a great feature to have. I currently have a IIS server running Exchange webmail and
a Apache server with my website. In order for it to work now I have to foward 81 to IIS and 80 to
apache. If you could port foward by hostname as well I could do mail.mydomain to IIS and mydomain to
apache. Is there any way to do this?

m0n0wall only functions at layers 3 and 4.  This would be in higher layers.

You can use host headers to do automatic forwarding based on hostname though.
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/thirdparty-apache-virtualhosts.html

-Chris