[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Raylund Lai <raylund dot lai at kankanwoo dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Port Forward By Hostname
 Date:  Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:03:41 -0500
Or you can use reverse proxy like pound http://www.apsis.ch/pound/

Cheers
Raylund

 From: Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:15 AM

On 2/15/06, Ryan Wagoner wrote:
> This would be a great feature to have. I currently have a IIS server running Exchange webmail and
a Apache server with my website. In order for it to work now I have to foward 81 to IIS and 80 to
apache. If you could port foward by hostname as well I could do mail.mydomain to IIS and mydomain to
apache. Is there any way to do this?

m0n0wall only functions at layers 3 and 4. This would be in higher layers.

You can use host headers to do automatic forwarding based on hostname though.
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/thirdparty-apache-virtualhosts.html

-Chris