[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Willem van Dam" <willemv at setnorbyer dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Newbie VPN Question
 Date:  Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:19:56 -0500
Hi List,

I have been trying to setup an mobile user VPN connection for a while now.
I followed the directions as described in:
16.1. How do I setup mobile user VPN with IPsec?
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq.html#id2608384

The client side is a laptop running XP-pro and connecting to the internet
trough Verizon Wireless BroadbandAccess.
The VPN client is SafeNet 10.3.6 (build 2)

My problem is that the VPN connection seems to be working. I can get to our
Intranet sever by typing it's IP address but I can't browse the network
using the server names.

What am I doing wrong? (Probably something with the DNS)
I it my understanding that once an VPN connection is setup the mobile
computer is a part of the network like any other computer in the office.
Should I be able to connect to any server just by typing \\servername ?

Thanks for your help,

Willem van Dam