[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bridge all 3 ports (lan+wan+opt1) possible?
 Date:  Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:24:36 -0500
On 2/15/06, Bruce A. Mah <bmah at acm dot org> wrote:

> Chris, I object to your characterization that I "shot down" the idea of
> a two-port bridge.  I didn't say that a m0n0wall filtering bridge with
> two ports was a bad idea...I think it'd be great if m0n0wall could do
> this.  I pointed out that due to some fundamental aspects of the design
> of both bridge(4) and m0n0wall, this is hard.  It's not like I created
> these reasons myself or made them up.

I didn't incinuate that you did, nor were my comments an attack on you
or what you said whatsoever.  I was merely stating it as a "this is
why it isn't possible".  I apologize that it came off the wrong way.

for the record, here's the post I spoke of:
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=118/36

> I'm sure there
> are smarter people than me on this list

You don't pay much attention to this list, do you?  ;)  (kidding,
kidding, I couldn't resist)

cheers,
-Chris