[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  w dot plein at gmail dot com
 To:  Magikman <magikmanv2 at cox dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Counter Strike: Source - Server
 Date:  Tue, 14 Feb 2006 17:21:43 -0800
At 04:20 PM 2/14/2006, Magikman wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>     I have just recently migrated my gateway away from smoothwall and am
> now using m0n0wall. All has gone well so far with the exception of one
> minor problem. I run a Counter Strike: Source dedicated server from my
> home. Unfortunately my server is not visible to anyone looking through
> the steam list; however, anyone can join using the direct IP (or by
> adding it as a favorite). As you might imagine, this is a problem for me.

Magikman-

If I recall correctly, there are a whole bunch of ports you need to NAT to
have a steam server visible on the internet. I don't recall them offhand,
but you should be able to research it.

http://www.cstrike-planet.com/faq/6
http://www.jinx.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=45160
And many more (google: counter-strike steam required ports)

Pretty much they all say the same thing:

Steam ports
UDP 1200 (used for friends service)
UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive
TCP 27030 to 27039 inclusive
Computers running Dedicated Servers need these ports open
UDP: 27015 and 27020 (default HLDS, SRCDS and HLTV port)
TCP: 27015 (SRCDS Rcon port)

Bill Plein
w dot plein at gmail dot com