[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jarkko Santala <jarkko dot santala at portalify dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: 5 dynamic IPs, possible to assign them all to WAN?
 Date:  Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:56:55 +0200
> Hi.
>
> I know the question about multiple ips on wan has came up before, but
> i didnt really find any solution when you get 5 dynamic ips from ISP.
> So, how would you go if you have 5 public ips (randomized by isp dhcp
> => 1.2.3.x where x is 2-254) and you want to assign those ips to your
> lan computers instead of lan ips still being able to control the flow
> with the firewall?

Well, if it doesn't matter how much bandwidth is used per host, so
you only want to control the total you could just configure the
firewall as a bridge and let dhcp requests go thru.

If you want to add some control per host into this, one solution
could be to use dynamic dns so that the hosts update their ip
addresses to dns, where the firewall would periodically look them up
and change its rules accordingly. This might be a little too much for
m0n0wall though (for the standard m0n0wall GUI at least).

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake at portalify dot com>    http://www.portalify.com
System Administrator                   +358 40 720 4512