[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Question about fw rules and interfaces.
 Date:  Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:42:26 -0600
From: "Rasmus Fauske" <rasmus at postboks dot org>
> sai skrev:
>> On 2/17/06, Rasmus Fauske <rasmus at postboks dot org> wrote:

>>> This is why I just got myselfe a Juniper SSG520 ;)

>> You find the SSG520 easier to administer than the m0n0?

> Yepp

It takes all kinds for all people.  So I it is good that we have choices.
However, I find m0n0 to be far easier than most.  One way to think of rules,
is to think of them as a door to your house.  You need a key to get in, but
can get out without one.  (Or the default rule is your key left in the door)
You need to make a key for every type of traffic, and for each door.  This
works on almost every firewall.