[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andreas Bednarski <anmahler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Can I communicate within the LAN via m0n0wall?
 Date:  Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:45:10 +0100
This is probably a stupid question.

I have a m0n0wall on a soekris4501. One network Adapter is assigned as
WAN interface, another as LAN, where only one Computer is connected.

I want to plug a Laptop to the 3rd Interface and have the PC and the
Laptop communicating over the m0n0wall, i.e. m0n0wall would work as a
switch/hub then.

Is this possible? What do I have to think about? Is this about
bridging? Do I have to use a crossed network cable between notebook
and m0n0wall?

Thank you for any hint.