[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Marc Infield <marc at infielddesign dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  FTP unreliability
 Date:  Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:54:43 -0800
We are having some FTP reliability problems transfering files from
inside our NAT network to a public FTP servers outside our network.
It works fine sometimes, but then we will hit periods were it becomes
unstable and times-out mid-transfer, http is fine while this is
happening.

I have tried both passive and non-passive settings and they both seem
to behave similarly. M0n0wall running on a 4501 our local network is
running behind NAT with pretty close to a default configuration.

I found comments on running an passive FTP server inside NAT,
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=6/30
but I it seem unrelated. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-marc