[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Day / Time based rules
 Date:  Fri, 17 Feb 2006 21:52:48 -0500
On 2/17/06, Jason Collins <jason at mammothcomputers dot com> wrote:
> I see that day and time based rules are on the wish list.  Can anyone give
> me an idea about progress being made toward development in that area?  It's
> just that I have a client asking me about devices to implement day / time
> rules and if Monowall will push them out in the next release or so, I'll
> tell him to wait.  Otherwise, I am going to have to find something else.

The whole wish list is pretty up in the air, with 1.3 development
moving (though slowly thus far).  The problem implementing this is
none of the packet filters currently being considered support this
natively.  I don't know that any open source packet filters support
this natively, for that matter.

I don't actually write code, so take this with a grain of salt, but
I'd guess it has a 50/50 shot of making 1.3.  And the 1.3 stable
release might not happen until late this year (again, guessing).

So, aside from Bill's work around, if it's something you need soon, I
wouldn't make any promises on it being available.

-Chris