[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem with Nokia IP330 duplex issue
 Date:  Fri, 17 Feb 2006 22:15:41 -0500
On 2/17/06, Eric Collins <eric at tawifi dot com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Well I finally got m0n0 to run on my IP330 but it appears as if it
> refuses to run in full-duplex.
> I have tried to manually give it the mediaopt's in the config.xml and by
> hand via exec.php, but I always get the following message: "ifconfig:
> SIOCSIFMEDIA: Device not configured".

Googling suggests that's what happens when you try to configure
mediaopts on an interface that is up, and that can only be configured
when the interface is down.

Try this, from exec.php (two lines each beginning with ifconfig, they
might wrap).
ifconfig fxp0 down
ifconfig fxp0 inet 64.x.x.60 netmask 255.255.255.0 media 100baseTX
mediaopt full-duplex

of course don't do this on the interface you're accessing the webGUI
over.  :)  I'm just curious if that'll do anything different.

-Chris