[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jukka Ruotsalainen <jukka dot ruotsalainen at cs dot helsinki dot fi>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Feature request for captive portal
 Date:  Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:26:21 +0200
Hello!
I'm running m0n0wall 1.21
Couple feature request for the captive portal
-Basically it's good and works ok, I just have couple wishes for the
local account manager.

Example
-I have user A and the user a LOGS to the captive portal on day 1 and
can use Internet.
-I remove /set the account expired on day 3, if the authentication
session timeout is set example to one month or two moths, the user can
STILL access the internet as the removing/disabling the user from the
local account manager.

I know that this can be done with radius, but in that case it would mean
extra server for me and in small place it's bit a overkill..

As it think, the right way is REMOVE the mac authentication if:
the user is REMOVED, DISABLED, or acocunt expried on the local user base.

the experience could be checked against the account in once in day and
the REMOVE and DISABLE command should remove the users MAC addresss/user
immediately from the authenticated list.

So the "disable" function would be also nice. in local user manager.

Basically this kind function is needed example longer term wlan
connection or example short time stay apartments, hotels etc.

It just makes the user management SO much easier as after this you can
set the timeout to one year or remove it at all. User access is diasable
after his/her account is expired or user is removed/disable in the manager.

Jukka