[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Andreas Ferrari" <aferrari at stasoft dot ch>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bug??
 Date:  Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:42:28 +0500
On 2/20/06, Andreas Ferrari <aferrari at stasoft dot ch> wrote:
> hello again
>
> Sorry I forget to post some aditional informations:
> there is somewhere a bug which kills your compact flash,
> i cannot reformat or erase the flash. Not under Linux/Netbsd/Windows
> you will get an error. Does anybody have same problems?

Its VERY unlikely that software will kill a flash card. No one has
ever reported this to happen. Theoretically if m0n0 went into an
infinite loop and started writing to the card the card could be
killed. Cards should die after being written to 100,000 times or so.

The card is probably defective.

sai