[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Alex Neuman van der Hans <alex at nkpanama dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bug??
 Date:  Mon, 20 Feb 2006 07:05:15 -0500
Andreas Ferrari wrote:
>> Its VERY unlikely that software will kill a flash card. No one has
>> ever reported this to happen.
> now I did...
>> Theoretically if m0n0 went into an
>> infinite loop and started writing to the card the card could be
>> killed. Cards should die after being written to 100,000 times or so.
> no that does not happend...
>> The card is probably defective.
> a brand new card used the first time?? now I had test it with 3 BiWin
> cards and all of them have the same problem or there is a problem with
> M0n0wall.
I've had that problem with low-end, poor quality flash cards, usb flash
memory disks, and SD Cards. 1 in a batch of 10 will work right off the
box (the others are DOA), and then fail miserably hours into its first
use. Since then I've stuck to name brands only.

Alex Neuman van der Hans
N&K Technology Consultants
Tel. +507 214-9002 - http://nkpanama.com/