[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Neuman van der Hans <alex at nkpanama dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bug??
 Date:  Mon, 20 Feb 2006 07:05:15 -0500
Andreas Ferrari wrote:
>> Its VERY unlikely that software will kill a flash card. No one has
>> ever reported this to happen.
> now I did...
>
>> Theoretically if m0n0 went into an
>> infinite loop and started writing to the card the card could be
>> killed. Cards should die after being written to 100,000 times or so.
> no that does not happend...
>>
>> The card is probably defective.
> a brand new card used the first time?? now I had test it with 3 BiWin
> cards and all of them have the same problem or there is a problem with
> M0n0wall.

I've had that problem with low-end, poor quality flash cards, usb flash
memory disks, and SD Cards. 1 in a batch of 10 will work right off the
box (the others are DOA), and then fail miserably hours into its first
use. Since then I've stuck to name brands only.

--

Alex Neuman van der Hans
N&K Technology Consultants