[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Andreas Ferrari <aferrari at stasoft dot ch>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bug??
 Date:  Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:11:07 +0100
On 20.02.06 12:43 +0100, Andreas Ferrari wrote:

> a brand new card used the first time?? now I had test it with 3
> BiWin cards and all of them have the same problem or there is a
> problem with M0n0wall.

Well, m0n0wall is configured not to use DMA on IDE, so it shouldn't
be a case of the card reporting to be DMA capable while it doesn't
really work properly on that hardware. It could of course still be an
issue with the FreeBSD kernel, but IIRC I even had faulty writes with
one of them under Windows.

My advice is: stay away from that brand; I've had enough failure
reports that always centered on it while something like that has
never been reported with any other CF card brand (as far as I know).

If you do decide to use another CF card brand, please let us know if
that solved the issue. Some dmesg output with details about the cards
(the line that starts with "ad0") would also be interesting.

- Manuel