[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kristian Shaw" <monowall at wealdclose dot co dot uk>
 To:  "Jeff Buehler" <jeff at buehlertech dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: RE : [m0n0wall] outlook -> exchange problem
 Date:  Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:13:54 -0000
Hello,

I would be surprised if MTU adjustments will fix things, given that you have
now established that large packets pass through OK.

I am not sure about your description of the AD setup. I sounds like you have
one domain but I am not sure about your sites configuration.

If you have sites connected together using slower links it is common to
create sites in AD, and then define a subnet to that site. Clients will then
use that information to locate the nearest DC/GC. Exchange will also use
that information to find a DC/GC. I wonder if perhaps the clients/exchange
aren't always locating the best DC to use?

Can I ask, where you found that RPC packets are 2048 bytes?

Regards,

Kris.