[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brett Woodruff" <brett at skyways dot us>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall HostAP wicontrol set to 2mb?
 Date:  Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:29:10 -0500
Yes, HostAP uses different speeds with each client, but AFAIK the way I
understood was that it was suppose to connect at the highest connection rate
possible to sustain a solid quality link, meaning someone right next to the
node would get a 11mb/s connection while someone further out would get a
5mb/sec connection and someone else even further out might get a 1mb
connection, it was all to do with what the quality of the link would
support. And as it is now I can connect and see a throughput of about
800kb/sec using a laptop with a built in wireless card or using a tranzeo
cpe-90 unit, I get about the same results. But if I connect using the
tranzeo unit as an AP (uses linux os+senao or CB3) I get about 5mb/sec