[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron with Morad" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.2 stop responding.
 Date:  Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:26:48 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "control alt del" <controlaltdel at control dash alt dash del dot net>
To: <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 4:29 AM
Subject: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.2 stop responding.

>Hi,
>Some time ago, I send to list my problems with m0n0.
>Last month, I change my m0n0wall box.
>now I run m0n0 with a P III 733mhz with a asus cuvx4 board, 128mb ram and 3
>intel pro 100 nics.
>I run m0n0 with a hard drive.
>Unfortenatly, the luckups continu to ocure, about 15 days of up time.
>I run dnsforwarder, dhcp server, traffic shaper, and about 20 firewall
>rules. My internet connection is PPPOE. when the luckup ocure the box don't
>respond to keyboard.
>In my opignion  the problem is an software issue, because the hardware is
>completely diferent than I used.
>best regards, controlaltdel.

I was having similar issues - my units would lock up after 6-12 days of
usage.  I did some thermal management (added fans and blocked off air flow
to make it go where I wanted).  I was using onboard RealTek NICs and changed
those out with the same board but Intel NICs.  I also put in a good quality
RAM.  Since then I have not had any issues - I am up to 20 days now (best
I've seen for a while).

I'm not sure if my problem was all heat or combination of heat and RealTek
or what.

Aaron