[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "T. Lechat" <m0n0wall at lechat dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.2 stop responding.
 Date:  Mon, 20 Feb 2006 16:45:50 +0100
> I was having similar issues - my units would lock up after 6-12 days of
> usage.  I did some thermal management (added fans and blocked off air flow
> to make it go where I wanted).  I was using onboard RealTek NICs and
> changed
> those out with the same board but Intel NICs.  I also put in a good
> quality
> RAM.  Since then I have not had any issues - I am up to 20 days now (best
> I've seen for a while).
>
> I'm not sure if my problem was all heat or combination of heat and RealTek
> or what.
>

> Aaron

Hi,

I had the same trouble since 1.0 (at least) . I had finally changed my two
realtek nics by a compaq quad nic, and for two month I have NO trouble to
reports.
PS :I do not use the pooling nic feature, since it make cpu temperature
rising up strongly  on my old pIII and finally freeze my m0n0.

Thierry