[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Lauda <plauda at rx30 dot com>
 To:  Peter Lauda <plauda at rx30 dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Will this work
 Date:  20 Feb 2006 10:54:07 -0500
Thanks to the responses that I've gotten from this post, I've got pretty
close to a viable solution. I intend to setup a bridged interface pair
and would like the box to be "IP" less. I've gotten everything but the
"IP-less" idea working.

Can anyone suggest what needs to be done to have this firewall run  as a
filtering bridge with no IP address needed? I believe the docs don't
cover this as it suggests giving the "WAN" interface an IP address and
bridging an OPT interface to it.

If I can't get this to go with no IP's assigned I think I will have to
find a commercial device which I can use in this way.

I do hope monowall can do it, but I don't see how yet.

Cheers and thanks to the folks that have responded with ideas.

--p