[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Neuman van der Hans <alex at nkpanama dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: RE : [m0n0wall] outlook -> exchange problem
 Date:  Sun, 19 Feb 2006 20:38:31 -0500
Lee Sharp wrote:
> From: "Kristian Shaw" <monowall at wealdclose dot co dot uk>
>
> So we are down to the desperate guessing?   :-)  So much has been
> done, I can't remember if you tried the MTU settings on the Windows
> boxes.  Try something low, like 1300 and see what happens.
>
>                        Lee
True, I once had a similar problem with SQL Servers not replicating well
with each other. Turns out both were on DSL links, and behind firewalls
- and strange stuff was happening to packets, with both the DSL
providers and the firewall vendor collectively pointing their fingers at
everybody else.

I used DRTCP (http://dslreports.com/drtcp/) to reduce the MTU to 1430 at
each side and Presto! - everything's been working perfectly since then.

--

Alex Neuman van der Hans
N&K Technology Consultants