[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.2 stop responding.
 Date:  Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:20:40 -0600
From: "control alt del" <controlaltdel at control dash alt dash del dot net>

> Some time ago, I send to list my problems with m0n0.
> Last month, I change my m0n0wall box.
> now I run m0n0 with a P III 733mhz with a asus cuvx4 board,
> 128mb ram and 3 intel pro 100 nics.
> I run m0n0 with a hard drive.
> Unfortenatly, the luckups continu to ocure, about 15 days of up time.
> I run dnsforwarder, dhcp server, traffic shaper, and about 20 firewall
> rules. My internet connection is PPPOE. when the luckup ocure the
> box don't respond to keyboard.
> In my opignion  the problem is an software issue, because the
> hardware is completely diferent than I used.

Capture and save a status.php page every day starting from a fresh reboot.
When you get the lockup, compare and see what is growing.  You could have
some dirty traffic on your LAN.  I had a client PC requesting DHCP every 8
seconds once.  Ran fine until I had a heavy load.  Then it got ugly quick.

                        Lee