[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeff Buehler <jeff at buehlertech dot com>
 To:  pcnet <gmuntean at pcnet dot ro>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall my isp does not alow more than 1 pc on lan how can i trick them?
 Date:  Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:17:56 -0800
First, get a different ISP, seriously.  If that won't work for some
reason, then put your m0n0wall on the public IP, and then put each of
your PC's behind it on a LAN, having it provide DHCP for them.  If the
ISP can somehow detect PCs behind the m0n0wall after that, I'm not
certain what the technique is, but it may be that they can detect any
NATing or routing you do from m0n0wall to PCs inside the LAN, so you may
not be able to provide external services.  Experiment with blocking
everything coming in (but not going out) and see if that works.

Also, make sure your ISP is really doing what you think they are doing.
Have you talked to them, or are you just having problems with specific PCs?

Jeff