[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Help wrt 'auto-add firewall rule"
 Date:  Tue, 21 Feb 2006 11:36:46 -0600
Gregor Rozman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to the m0n0wall and I have just installed the 1.21 version.
> While doing a config together with the documentation, I have found out
> that I do not have one very handy setting available.
> On NAT inbound edit page there is no give option as stated by docs:
> "Auto-add a firewall rule to permit traffic through this NAT rule"
>
> Any help/information regarding this would be appreciated.

The checkbox is only available when you create a rule an inbound NAT
rule. When you edit an inbound NAT rule the check box is not there. i.e.
the system will not edit or create the firewall rule when you edit an
inbound NAT rule. You must manually edit the firewall rule if you edit
the inbound NAT.

IIRC, this is due to the fact that NAT and IP Filtering are handled by
different subsystems. When the script to create an inbound NAT rule is
ran, the script will also create the firewall rule (if you check the
box). When the editing is done the script does not even know if there is
a corresponding firewall rule.

James W. McKeand