[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sven Brill <madde at gmx dot net>
 To:  Chris Flugstad <chris at cascadelink dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] EVDO
 Date:  Wed, 22 Feb 2006 22:36:04 -0500
Chris Flugstad wrote:

> I am currently figuring out the VMDE to allow my Verizon EVDO card to
> serve as my wan connection.  I know someone replied to a post a while
> back saying these cards sucked and what not, but thats not the
> question I am asking.  I know the card does not perform like a
> hardwire, but driving at 70mph on the freeway, getting a DSL or T1 in
> my window is tough.  I've gone through a lot of cat3 cable in the
> process of testing. So. I am left with Verizon.
>
> If anyone wants to help or whatever on this project of mine, I'm glad
> to have other headscratchers in the process.

I asked the same thing a while back, no responses. I needed to build
something with a verizon card for an animal shelter that has no other
means of faster-than-dial-up connections. for the time being, I am using
IPcop, works out of the box, since the card actually provides some kind
of internal USB hub and -modem, so under linux I can dial out using
/dev/ath0 (iirc, can't look at it right now).

I would be on board figuring out how to get it to work under freebsd,
just shoot me an email off list where you stand so far.

Sven