[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Marko Vukovic <marko at aquamanta dot co dot za>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Rescue config.xml from dodgy CF
 Date:  Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:29:22 +0200
Hallo

After several power outages, one of my client's m0n0wall machines fails
to boot with:

/: bad dir ino 884 at offset 0: mangled entry
panic: ufs_dirbad: bad dir

There doesn't seem to be any way to recover from this but I was
wondering how, if possible, I could mount the CF on say, a Linux machine
and at least recover config.xml.

The m0n0wall in question is a PC with IDE-CF adapter. If I throw in a
cdrom drive and boot off Knoppix it mounts /dev/hda4 and /dev/hda5 as
type UFS but a directory listing yields nothing.

TIA
--
Marko