[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Carsten Holbach <Carsten dot Holbach at gmx dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPPoE login troubles
 Date:  Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:18:18 +0100
Andrew Kemp schrieb:
> I have reason to believe that my modem
> is losing sync at random and it comes back quick enough that the WAN
> interface on m0n0wall doesn't realize it dropped.
Does that mean that the snyc-LED on your DSl-modem goes off, and that it
resyncs again (usually a flashing sync-LED during that procedure or
something like this)? If that's the case (meaning that your DSL-modem is
really loosing it's sync) it's nothing between the modem and your m0n0wall.
Losing the DSL sync usually is because of a faulty splitter, a bad line
or problems in the station your phoneline ends in. And if so, it's a
problem of your ISP, or whoever is responsible for the phone line.

If you can, try another DSL-modem (different brand and such), there's a
(small) chance that this will solve your problem.

Greetings
Carsten