[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Aaron Clasby <aaron dot clasby at cox dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VLAN build-out
 Date:  Thu, 23 Feb 2006 18:00:42 -0600
I just want to make sure I am in the right or if I am missing something.

Currently I have the wrap with 1.21 connected as follows:

WAN - cable
LAN - Cisco AP 1200 via Dell PowerConnect (no VLANs)
Opt - disconnected

All traffic comes in via the LAN interface and out the WAN.

I would like to create a secondary SSID on the AP, which would mean I
have to use VLANS, by default, there will be VLAN1, and then VLAN5 for
guests(insecure), and VLAN7(secured). This all would be via the LAN
interface. I would like VLAN5 to get an IP from m0n0 and go out the WAN
int, then anyone connecting securely via VLAN7, I would like their DHCP
requests to be forwarded via Opt1 to the internal net, thus also sending
all this particular traffic through Opt1. Is this possible or am I
missing something?

I am still looking through the archives for something similar to my
situation.

Aaron

--
Aaron Clasby