[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Kemp" <akemp at iquest dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Remote Syslog'd machine
 Date:  Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:45:22 -0500
My remote syslog machine is not receiving anything about the status of
links. My dsl just went down and came back up but it doesnt have any
mention of it in the logs on the syslog machine, just the log from the
GUI on m0n0wall. Am I missing something? Log settings says all available
events are supposed to be logged.

What local do the logs come in on for everyone? You can't specify which
one you want and I have noticed that the reboot messages come in on
local0, but apparently it isnt logging everything on local0 perhaps.
Anyway possibility of incorporating the specification of a local to come
in on?

Andrew
Network Operations
IQuest Internet