[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  darren dot gilham at cookson dot co dot uk
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Blocking the admin access on the lan.
 Date:  Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:46:31 +0000
Ok this may sound funny but is there a way to block port 80 on the lan nic
so web admin access is denied

The reason for this i'm using monowall as a captive portal so the lan is
my open wirless network the wan is connected to my guest network which
provides internet access

so i have web admin locked down on the wan side and will only allow access
from our private lan

i have a rule on the lan

X     TCP      LAN Net     *       192.168.100.1       HTTP(80)

192.168.100.1 is the lan nic ip address

is this a feature so you can't lock yourself out.

sorry if this has been asked for i have tried searching the archive

Any help would be great..

Thanks

Darren

This e-mail is confidential.  It may also be privileged or protected
by other legal rules.  If you have received it by mistake, please let
us know by reply and then delete it from your system;
you should not copy the message or disclose its contents to anyone.
Unauthorised use, dissemination, distribution, publication or copying
of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
Cookson Group plc is registered in England Number 251977,
with its address at
265 Strand, London WC2R 1DB