[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Doubts of novice
 Date:  Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:32:53 -0600
Jose Eduardo wrote:
> Hello Everybody!
>
> -How I can give 2 (or more) ip address to same LAN interface?

You cannot, this breaks fundamental rules of IP networking. All nodes
must have unique IP address.

> -How I can make a port forward in my LAN? all connection to m0n0wall
> in port 3128 redirect to another ip in my LAN, in some port?

If you want to forward from the WAN interface (i.e. outside your
network) to a machine in your LAN, use Inbound NAT rules. Make sure to
tick the auto-create firewall rule box.

If you want to redirect traffic from one machine to another on your LAN,
I'm not sure you can do that. There has been some chatter about
redirecting SMTP, I would start with searching the archive on that.

James W. McKeand