[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Guido Quiram <guido at quiram dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Degraded VoIP Quality on PC Engines WRAP.1C-1 with m0n0wall
 Date:  Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:25:59 +0100
Hi,

I searched the archive, but couldn't find a concrete match for my problem.

I am experiencing very degraded VoIP quality when connecting via
m0n0wall to the Internet, compared to a direct connection.

m0n0wall is configured that it blocks everything on the WAN side except
5060 UDP to 10000 to 10009 UDP, which are forwarded to the internal
private IP of the phone. I have a snom 360 that connects to Asterisk
installed on a vServer. Both latest versions.

Not sure if related, however, if I send a ping from an internal machine
via the m0n0wall to my DSL router, every 4th to 5th ping goes up from
1ms to around 40-250ms. Guess this could describe the issue decribed above?

http://m0n0wall-ip/status.php is attached as pdf.

Any thoughts are highly appreciated!

Thanks much and best regards,

Guido