[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0dev
 Date:  Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:08:34 -0600
From: "Chris Flugstad" <chris at cascadelink dot com>

> ok, so i got this computer up and running with QEMU, and running with the
> root file.

> Basically , I want to edit the GUI pages, and then make it into a .iso
> again for flashing to a CF card.

> Is this distro too large to go back to a CF card.

> Where does the workon4.sh file come into play?

You need all three files, not just root. See pic...  Anyway, I have not used
workon4.sh myself, but a lot of people like it.  I use m0n0image at
http://devtales.michael-i.com/2005/04/01/m0n0image-updated/  But the concept
is the same.  First get an image of the version you want to develop.  Un
pack it with one of those tools.  Modify what you need.  Pack it back up.
If you know nothing about Unix, this can be a challenge, as it all has to
take place in Unix (FreeBSD) so some Unix guides may help.  When you unpack
the image, the web directory is in /usr/local/www under where ever it was
unpacked.

Where are you in the process?  Have you started xwindows?  If so, you should
get there just by opening the folder on the desktop of root.  See pic...

Let me know how it goes.

                        Lee

PS:  I also recommend
http://devtales.michael-i.com/2004/05/06/getting-started-with-m0n0wall-development/