[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Wade Carpenter <wade at webfootcustomcalls dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Okay... wireless/wired laptop problem - Im convinced its M0n0 doing it
 Date:  Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:07:35 -0700
Im conviced its m0n0 doing it... well... in this case NOT doing it.

Here is the scenario again.

                                                   |--->  Wired LAN machines
Static IP DSL -> m0n0 -> switch
                                                   |--->  Wireless AP
(with DHCP disabled so m0n0 can assign)

All my wired desktops work fine - mapped drives over VPN, HTTP access,
SSH, and all that
My laptop - will NOT do anything related to HTTP, no thunderbird email,
no firefox, not AVG updates, no windows updates... and so on....  BUT it
WILL access mapped drives over VPN, SSH on the vpn, and print over the VPN.

I tried a completely new m0n0 box, same results... new config from
scratch, nope, got rid of the Dlink DI624 and swapped in a Senao 3054 AP
- Nope. hooked up a senao 3054 as a bridge and cabled to the laptop....
nope.  Once... and I can not explain... yesterday... Senao bridge on and
configed, laptop onboard wifi on and configed... and I got http.
Restarted the machine and no more..

Have hooked laptop up directly to DSL - no - m0n0 - works fine.

Now to compound the issue...  my house was running 1.2 my office in town
1.2, and my office in a different town 1.2b3.  Laptop works just fine
wifi or wired at both offices... no problems at all.  Exact same
configs...  I literally set up one location, copied the floppy,
installed on two other m0n0s and changed the necesary IPs.  So all the
rules and stuff are the same.  Also... my dad has the exact same
laptop..  Toshiba TE2100 and his works at my house just fine wired or
wifi.  My machine also works just fine at his house.

Upgraded my house m0n0 to 1.21... no dice.

I am so confused... and I am looking for any ideas to try at all.

Thanks
Wade