[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Generic PC vs. Soekris on a 4501
 Date:  Mon, 27 Feb 2006 00:05:43 -0000
Greetings list,

I've recently installed a net4501 as a replacement for a Celeron 333
platform. Out of curiosity as much as anything, I simply moved the CF card
to the net4501 without replacing the image with the Soekris specific ones at
all. It works, which rather surprised me.

Couple of quick questions if I may:
1) What changes are made between the generic-pc and soekris specific images,
and are they sufficiently important that I should erase the CF card and
start over?
2) If I should erase the CF card and start over, will the xml file from a
generic-pc image be compatible?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris