[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Generic PC vs. Soekris on a 4501
 Date:  Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:59:53 -0000
> I don't know exactly. But the kernel was modified for the
> soekris hardware.

I replaced the image on the box with the Soekris-specific one late last
night. Interestingly, it seemed to upgrade fine via the web "firmware
upgrade" interface once I'd renamed the image to generic-pc-<ver>.img.

Differences I could find were a more responsive WebGUI (not quite sure why),
and the "net" light on the front is steady to indicate interfaces up, rather
than with the generic-pc image where the "net" light flickers with traffic.

I'm sure there are others that I didn't notice...

Regards,

Chris