[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeff Scott" <scott at advbiol dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Strange PPTP Behavior?
 Date:  Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:19:32 -0500
Hi all,

I have a v1.21 install using PPTP VPN.  I have a rule that allows all =
traffic from the VPN.  I have noticed (via my router logs) that one of =
our users connections is exhibiting odd behavior.  I am seeing traffic =
from his public IP address coming through the VPN.  I only caught this =
because he was trying to connect to the Internet (through the VPN) and =
our Egress filter on the router caught it.

Can anyone explain why his traffic would have a source address of his =
pubic IP instead of his VPN IP?

Thanks,

Jeff