[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Charles Scott <cscott at gaslightmedia dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Wireless Association Problems with Broadcom b/g - Senao
 Date:  Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:39:41 -0500 (EST)
All:

  I've been beating my head against this for a while and finding no
answers. We have a number of m0n0wall AP's using Soekris boards with Senao
2511CD Plus EXT2 cards. Just about everything we try connects fine.
However, I ended up with a new Compaq Presario V2555us with XP that has a
Broadcom b/g card in it and the silly thing just won't connect (associate
- not a DHCP problem). It connects to everything else without any
problems. I even took one of our AP's to the store and tried other
computers of the same model and none of them would connect. These
computers simply don't associate with the APs while everything else I've
tried talks to them just fine.
  Trying to sort this out, I put one of the Senao cards in my Linux
(Ubuntu) laptop and loaded hostap and the Compaq connects to it just fine.
I've also updated the drivers on the Compaq and played with every
parameter. No go. Any thoughts on this?

Chuck