[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless Association Problems with Broadcom b/g - Senao
 Date:  Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:47:06 -0500
On 2/27/06, Charles Scott <cscott at gaslightmedia dot com> wrote:

>   I've been beating my head against this for a while and finding no
> answers. We have a number of m0n0wall AP's using Soekris boards with Senao
> 2511CD Plus EXT2 cards. Just about everything we try connects fine.
> However, I ended up with a new Compaq Presario V2555us with XP that has a
> Broadcom b/g card in it and the silly thing just won't connect (associate
> - not a DHCP problem). It connects to everything else without any
> problems.

Yep, and good luck getting it to work.  About 75% of b/g or a/b/g
cards I've tried will *not* associate with FreeBSD 4.11's hostap no
matter what you do.  Sometimes messing with the mode settings, power
save settings, updating firmware or drivers on the laptop might help
(all those on the laptop, nothing you can do with the m0n0wall side).
But I'd say chances are very, very good that it just won't work.

which is why this FAQ reads as it does:
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-ap.html

-Chris