[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Simon Buob" <simon dot buob at lan dot ch>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  M0n0wall LAN/DMZ Interface
 Date:  Sat, 25 Feb 2006 23:24:05 +0100
Hello

I am a pretty inexperienced user of m0n0wall.
My m0n0wall has 3 Interfaces. One to the WAN configured as
DHCP Client. Two interfaces to the LAN configured as LAN and
DMZ.

LAN 10.1.1.1/24
DMZ 10.1.2.1/24

Now i have these two Interfaces connected to the same (!!) switch
and on this switch there are connected the network clients.
Ist this possible? i tried to define the DHCP Clients to get the
DHCP Leases over MAC Reservations over the according interface.
But the Clients over the DMZ Interface cant ping the IP of the
DMZ Interface (Standard Gateway). But in the other direction it works->
Ping from the M0n0wall to the NICs Interfaces. I also made a Firewall
Ruleset
allowing all traffic from the DMZ except to the LAN.

Someone could give me an advice? Thanks a lot

Greeting

Simon